Of Turning Point :
1) Till date hundreds of mentally ill person are getting
rehabilitation, training from Turning Point. Many of them are
doing jobs mainly associated with Computer after completion of
2) Many of them have stared their education again.
3) Many of them are doing tuitions to earn their own livelihood
4) Few women from Turning Point are appointed as teachers in
some renowned school.
5) Few of them are associated with Turning point & regularly
earning their own livelihood through handicrafts, fabric & other
creative works. The products of Turning point are sold at the
shop Akriti at City Center & the beneficiaries earn their
livelihood through it.
6) Turning point has also published a book “Abujh Mon” depicting
how the illness affects the whole society. It gives the first
hand account of the horrifying experience of two sufferers in a
mental asylum & how painful it is for them to overcome the
symptoms of illness. It also describes the helplessness of a
spouse once her husband starts suffering from paranoid
tendencies. It depicts how a family gets disintegrated &
parent’s start spending sleepless nights once their child starts
suffering form this illness.
7) Turning point has also directed a small documentary “ from
Dusk to Dawn” fro awareness about the illness.
8) Ishita Sanyal, secretary Turning point has received Manthan
9) She has received David Feinsilver award for her research
10) She has received UGC-CEC Educational Video Competition award
for best programme in social sciences
11) Turning Point started the first Parent’s group at Kolkata.
12) Turning point has also initiated NAMI, Kolkata
Dreams of turning point:
As occupational therapy is the ultimate measure to
solving mental problems, we want to establish a
working-cum residential community for the mentally ill
where we would work & get paid to support ourselves. The
society could be founded with Bengali traditional
ambience, catering to the utilities of the outside world
as also serving as an international tourist spot with
Indian amenities. If multinationals / investors
contribute to our idea, not only, not only the
percentage of the formidable money yielded may be shared
amongst the investors, us, & TURNING POINT, but we also
that we would find shelter in this world. Fears about
our financial future would also find solution, providing
us occupation through this innovative business-like
outlook toward rehabilitation of the mentally ill.
We want to establish international network for mutual
assistance & development of rehabilitation. We also
aspire to publish our challenging experiences in all
languages as a contribution to the world of mental
health. One book is already compiled & anyone interested
We intend scope for building international educational
institutions for mentally challenged children who have
discontinued school due to learning disabilities,
slow-learning, dyslexia, hyperactivity, conduct
disorder, regression, etc.
|No. of person
||Engaged as tutors
||Completing their studies
||Doing Handicrafts works & selling it
||Engaged in computer training
||Under Social Rehabilitation Training
||Acting as resource person